JOB DETAILS: CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
WORKING HOURS: Monday-Friday, 08H00 to 17h00
The purpose of a Control Room is security surveillance and management control. It serves as a central space where our services can be monitored and controlled. The Control Room Operator is accountable to the Control Room Supervisor for the scheduling of Security Officers, monitoring check calls, responding to telephone and email queries and a variety of administration duties. This will include compliance, statutory, contractual and company regulations and processes..
- Data capturing (Repots and Incidents)
- Monitor Live streaming CCTV
- Daily CCTV Checks (ensure all cameras are fully functional)
- Filing of relevant documentation
- Communicating relevant information regarding movements in the plant.
- Communicate with armed response vehicles regarding detailed information on trucks.
- Grade 12;
- PSIRA Grade A;
- Course in body language / CCTV observation.
- 5 Years’ experience within CCTV control Room;
- CCTV technical knowledge will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Multi linguistic;
- Good Public Relations professional;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good problem solving and decision-making skill;
- Good report writing skill;
- Excellent observation skill;
- Good administration skills
- Quality driven.
- Ability to manage, control, organize;
- Well spoken, organized, pays meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to plan, schedule and manage own time;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and requests;
- Ability to oversee and deal with multiple tasks and requests.
- Computer literacy (complete Microsoft package);
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to note and report any deviations to the rule;
- Adaptability in a team environment (Be a team member and communicate accordingly);
- Possess high concentration abilities for prolonged periods of times;
- Ability to operate within 24/7 multi shift environment and perform extended hours of shift work;
- High level of integrity and honesty;
- Availability for overtime.
Applicants’ applications to be e-mailed to Nunu Makhetha via email at email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE 15 JULY 2020
Parallel external interviews may take place simultaneously with internal interviews
Securitas Affirmative Action Statement
Securitas is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports affirmative action. Securitas recruits, hires, trains and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, disability, age or national origin (except where it is a bonafide occupational requirement). Hiring and promotional decisions are in accord with the principles of equal employment opportunity and impose only those requirements which are job-related or do not have an adverse impact. Securitas will ensure that all personnel actions such as hiring, compensation, benefits, company sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, transfer, discipline, demotion, termination, layoff, and social and recreation programs will be administered without regard to group status. Employees are expected to demonstrate respect for all other employees and to demonstrate commitment to Securitas’ equal employment opportunity and affirmative action objectives.