Control Room Senior Operator / Supervisor
LOCATION: Grayston Ridge Office Park, Sandton
WORKING HOURS: Sun – Monday Rotational
REPORTS TO: Securitas Gauteng – Control Room Manager
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS WILL BE 23 JANUARY 2021
A Control Room's purpose is security surveillance and management control and serves as a central space where our services can be monitored and controlled. The Control Room Senior Operator is accountable to Control Room Management for monitoring of applications, responding to telephone calls and email queries and a variety of administration duties. This will include compliance, statutory, contractual and company regulations and processes.
- Data capturing (Reports and Incidents)
- Monitoring of alarm based and non - alarm based applications.
- Monitoring of live streaming CCTV.
- Daily CCTV and other system checks (ensure all cameras and monitoring systems are fully functional)
- Filing of relevant documentation
- Communicating relevant information regarding movements on and offsite.
- Communicate with armed response and field supervisor’s vehicles regarding detailed information where needed.
- Responsible for reporting and enforcing discipline amongst the control room staff.
- Ensure familiarity with all the monitoring systems deployed in the control room
- Support the technical department and sales department
- Ensure that customer service levels are exceptional and that external customers as well as internal customers receive an exceptional service.
- Support and assists with EHS efforts of the Company.
- Ensure that control room equipment is looked after and kept in good working order and that damage or equipment failures are reported to the Control Room Manager immediately.
- Responsible for dealing with punctuality issues with operators within his /her shift.
- Responsible for the access control of personal entering the SOC.
- Responsible for the general house keeping of the SOC and areas within the SOC.
- Ensure that Easy Roster posting instructions are stringently adhered
- Ensure that technical requests for assistance are well coordinated and
- Ensure that the operator’s issues and concerns are reported or resolved.
- Ensure that the shift comply with relevant policies, procedures and job instructions and take appropriate disciplinary steps or refer to the Control room manager where necessary.
- Attend to, investigate or resolve all complaints, poor service issues and queries timeously.
- Ensure that all unsafe acts and conditions are reported to management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Security Industry
- Minimum Registered Grade B / Optional PSIRA Certificate
- Minimum Grade 12
- Computer literate- Excel, Word, and e-mail
- Excellent communication & writing skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to work flexi hours when required
- Must have good communication and people skills
- Adaptable to regular change
- Leadership abilities
- Meticulous nature
Previous experience in the following products will be an advantage. (Adpro, Immix, Online Intelligence / Signal Tower, PRTG.
Applicant’s applications to be e-mailed to Shalla Siyaphi / Gerald Nair via email at email@example.com / Gerald.firstname.lastname@example.org. or can also be handed in at Reception at Head Office, 144 Katherine Street, Sandton.
Parallel external interviews may take place simultaneously with internal interviews