LOCATION: GERMISTON GAUTENG
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday – Day Shift
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
CLOSING DATE FOR JOB APPLICANTS IS 23 JANUARY 2021.
JOB SUMMARY: Supports the Client in ensuring delivery of quality services; assists in managing operations efficiently and effectively to achieve service and profitability objectives; helps drive implementation of client satisfaction drivers; promotes client and employee retention initiatives.
- All Security related aspects.
- Property and assets protection.
- Client liaison.
- Manages all site security functions, within area of responsibility.
- Optimum maintenance of client service levels and retention of business.
- Self-discipline and adherence to company values: Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness.
- Must be able to do investigation of cases and Incidents
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge of business operations management and human resources administration
- Use of personal computer and spread sheet software (computer literacy)
- Fluent in English and at least one African language
- Must have reliable transport (own car and valid driver’s licence advantageous)
- Willing to work flexible hours when and required
- Valid PSIRA Certificate (Grade A)
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Excellent communication skills. and writing skills in English.
- Ability to work under serious pressure
- Leadership abilities
- Safety awareness
- Stress management
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, media and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioural selection survey
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Regular talking and hearing
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25kg and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50kg.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site surveys
- Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner
- Reading and analysing reports and financial data, including related computer usage
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours
Applicants’ CVs to be sent to the HR Manager, Nunu Makhetha, via email at: email@example.com. Applications can also be physically dropped off at the Training Centre.
Parallel external interviews may take place simultaneously with internal interviews